Monday, February 18, 2008

Cottage Cheese Crescent Rolls





I love to make rolls and bread and this was a fun, easy twist!

Combine in food processor or by hand, mixing just until dough forms soft ball that holds itself together:
1 c. butter, chilled (you could probably use less, they were good when I made them, but too greasy)
2 c. flour
1 c. cottage cheese (regular or lowfat)

Shape into balls approximately 2-1/2 inches in diameter. Cover and chill well.Roll dough balls into one big ball and roll out as for pie crust on lightly floured surface (9-10” diameter). Cut into wedges of preferred size. Shape into crescents (roll, beginning at widest end.) Place on ungreased or parchment-lined shallow-rimmed pan, point down.Bake 12-15 minutes in pre-heated 375˚ oven until golden brown.NOTE: This is a very soft, tender dough. May be frozen before or after shaping. makes 1-2 dozen, depending on size.

No comments:

THE SEARCH IS ON!!!!!

Share with us all! If you have any recipes you would like me to post or try, email them to me: amber.lamb@yahoo.com . Thanks for sharing your kitchens with me! Happy cooking!

Click on the link to recieve email updates when I post new recipes!!!!