Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Chicken Florentine Salad

This is supposed to be a close second to the original Macaroni grill salad. I couldn't get enough of it!! I got the recipe from one of my new favorite cookbooks called: "Salads, dressings, and vinaigrettes." by Angela Hextell. This has the most amazing dressings and salads that you can even imagine!!! This one is my close favorite. I think number one will have to got to the salad with the olive garden dressing. IT IS AMAZING. I 'll have to share that another time.
Chicken florentine salad

Orzo pasta, cooked and cooled
Sund dried tomatoes
capers
Pine nuts (toasted)
shredded parmesan cheese
Chopped fresh spinach
Lemon juice ( about 1/2 T).
salt and pepper
Marinated chicken breasts thinly sliced (marinate in bernstiens dressing before grilling)
Marinated artichoke hearts

Toss above ingredients with the "favorite mustard champagne vinaigrette. (recipe follows). Splash with balsalmic if desired and sliced parmesan cheese.

Cover salad with thinly sliced grillled chicked breasts and enjoy!

The favorite Mustard Champagne vinaigrette:

3 T champagne vinegar
1/2 t. dijon mustard
1/2 t fresh garlic, crushed
1 extra large egg yolk at room temp
3/4 t. kosher salt
1/4 t. black pepper
1/2 c olive oil

Wisk all together until everything is playing nice and then poor over salad.

No comments:

THE SEARCH IS ON!!!!!

Share with us all! If you have any recipes you would like me to post or try, email them to me: amber.lamb@yahoo.com . Thanks for sharing your kitchens with me! Happy cooking!

Click on the link to recieve email updates when I post new recipes!!!!