Saturday, February 23, 2008

Chex mix: The original

This is one of my favorite snacks ever! I can't imagine a superbowl without it!

6 T. butter
2 T. worsestershire sauce
1 1/2 t. seasoned salt
3/4 t. garlic powder
1/2 t. onion powder
3 c. corn chex cereal
3 c. rice chex cereal
3 c. wheat chex cereal
1 c. mixed nuts
1 c. bite size pretzels
1 c. bagel chips ( i don't use these because I don't like them! I just add extra pretzels and nuts..)

Heat oven to 250 degrees. In ungreased large roasting pan, melt butter in oven, don't let it brown! stir in seasonings. Gradually add remaining ingredients until evenly coated.
Bake for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on paper towels until cooled. Store in airtight container. ( the 1 gallon size ziplock bags work well, too!)

No comments:

THE SEARCH IS ON!!!!!

Share with us all! If you have any recipes you would like me to post or try, email them to me: amber.lamb@yahoo.com . Thanks for sharing your kitchens with me! Happy cooking!

Click on the link to recieve email updates when I post new recipes!!!!