Sunday, November 30, 2008

Roasted Green Beans with Lemon, Pine nuts and Parmesan

This recipe came from The Recipe Girl. It was my new twist on green beans this year for Thanksgiving. It was a hit! Definitely a keeper!

1 1/4 lbs. green beans, rinsed, stems trimmed
1 small head of garlic, coarsley chopped ( I only ended up using about 5 cloves and it was perfect for our tastes)
1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 T. finely grated lemon zest (1-2 medium lemons). DIVIDED.
1 1/2 T. fresh lemon juice
1 t. salt
1/2 t. freshly ground black pepper
1/3 c. pine nuts, toasted
1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese
1 T. coarsely chopped flat leaf parsley

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Put beans in large mixing bowl. Add garlic, olive oil, and 1 T. lemon zest, salt and pepper and toss to coat. Spread beans on a cookie sheet, and roast in the oven for about 10 minutes, stir with spatula, and continue roasting about 5 more minutes until the beans are lightly browned and tender throughout. Transfer the beans to a serving platter and add lemon juice, remaining lemon zest, parmesan and parsley, toss to coat. Can serve hot or at room temperature!!!

**Sorry no picture, my camera batteries died!!!!

1 comment:

RecipeGirl said...

Glad you liked this recipe... I remember it being wonderful!

THE SEARCH IS ON!!!!!

Share with us all! If you have any recipes you would like me to post or try, email them to me: amber.lamb@yahoo.com . Thanks for sharing your kitchens with me! Happy cooking!

Click on the link to recieve email updates when I post new recipes!!!!