Saturday, November 8, 2008

Beef Stew

mmmmmm! One of the ultimate comfort foods in my opinion! I love Fall, and all of its warm foods, and beautiful colors. This recipe is actually my OWN, believe it or not! I adapted it from how I remember my mom making it. And we can't get enough.....especially when there's lots and lots of warm, buttery breadsticks around. Beef Stew

1-2 lbs of stewing beef
4 T. flour
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
4 stalks celery, chopped
10-15 baby carrots, chopped
3-4 potatos, peeled and chopped into bitesize pieces
1 lg. can stewed tomatoes in juice
1 bay leaf
1 c. dried soup mix (not seasoning packets, but the kind from the cannery).
2 cans beef broth
garlic salt
salt
pepper
onion salt

Season the beef pieces with seasonings and dredge in the flour. Saute onion, garlic, celery, and carrots in olive oil for 3-4 minutes. Add beef pieces and brown on all sides until cooked through.
Add the rest of indgredients and bring to a boil. If more liquid is needed to cover meat and veggies, add water or more beef stock as needed. Cook for 15 minutes or until veggies are cooked through.


No comments:

THE SEARCH IS ON!!!!!

Share with us all! If you have any recipes you would like me to post or try, email them to me: amber.lamb@yahoo.com . Thanks for sharing your kitchens with me! Happy cooking!

Click on the link to recieve email updates when I post new recipes!!!!