Saturday, November 8, 2008

Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

This is a delicious pumpkin cupcake recipe that I found on my friend Jen's, "Yummy Fun" website. She made them bite size in mini cupcake tins, I tried full size and they were a hit!

1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. apple sauce
2 eggs
1 1/4 c. pumpkin puree
1/4 c heavy cream (or milk)
1 1/2 c. flour
3/4 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1/4 t. ground cloves
3/4 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. nutmeg
pinch of ginger

Mix sugar, eggs, applesauce and cream together. Add flour, soda, baking powder, spices and salt. When smooth add pumpkin and blend until creamy. Preheat oven to 400*. Line muffin tins with paper cups, or grease them. bake for 20 minutes. (12-15 for mini muffins).

Cream Cheese Frosting:
1/2 stick butter
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 T. cream
powdered sugar
1/4 t. vanilla
dash of cinnamon
Blend all ingredients well and chill if necessary until set. I add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time until frosting is at the consistency that I want.

**Variation: omit frosting and add chocolate chips to the batter.....

No comments:

THE SEARCH IS ON!!!!!

Share with us all! If you have any recipes you would like me to post or try, email them to me: amber.lamb@yahoo.com . Thanks for sharing your kitchens with me! Happy cooking!

Click on the link to recieve email updates when I post new recipes!!!!