Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Chocolate Covered Strawberries

Before I post this recipe, I have to apologize about the picture. I made these for Valentine's day and my kids were eating them as fast as I could put them out, so needless to say, I wasn't able to stage for a picture, because they weren't lasting that long!!! But I know you will all get passed that and just love me and my strawberries for who we are: a little fruity, but a lot delicious.

Chocolate Covered Strawberries
1 or 2 pints of large strawberries
your favorite bag of chocolate chips (I like ghiradelli milk chocolate myself)
Wash and dry your strawberries. Put the chocolate chips in a microwave safe container and microwave for 30 seconds. stir. microwave for 10 more seconds. stir. continue at 10 second increments, followed by stirring until the chocolate is melted and still shiny. Only do 10 seconds at a time, because if you overcook the chocolate it will "clot up" and you won't be dipping anything in it! Once you have acheived the perfect consistency to your chocolate, take each strawberry and swirl around in the chocolate. Place each dipped strawberry on a piece of waxed paper and then to the fridge to firm up. Enjoy whenever you're ready. Try to eat just one, i dare ya!

No comments:

THE SEARCH IS ON!!!!!

Share with us all! If you have any recipes you would like me to post or try, email them to me: amber.lamb@yahoo.com . Thanks for sharing your kitchens with me! Happy cooking!

Click on the link to recieve email updates when I post new recipes!!!!