Sunday, October 18, 2009

Broccoli Cheese Soup

This is one of the best comfort, sit wrapped in a blanket, read a book, soups that I know how to make. It is a staple at our house on cold nights (and even an occasional summer night too!). I make up a batch of soup and some breadsticks and ENJOY! 4 cups cubed potatoes
1 onion, chopped
2 c. shredded carrots (I use a bag of preshredded carrots from the grocery store)
2 c. chopped celery
3 c. cut up broccoli

Boil all veggies but broccoli in 2 cups of water for 10 minutes. Add the broccoli and boil for 10 more minutes. DO NOT drain!

Sauce:
1/2 c. butter
3 T. flour
2 c. milk
1 pound velveeta cheese, cut into cubes
1 t. dry mustard
1/4 t. pepper
3 chicken bouillon cubes (or 3 t. granules)

In a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour. Add milk and cook, stirring constantly, until thick. Add cheese and other ingredients. Mix until smooth. Add to undrained veggies and heat together but do not boil.

No comments:

THE SEARCH IS ON!!!!!

Share with us all! If you have any recipes you would like me to post or try, email them to me: amber.lamb@yahoo.com . Thanks for sharing your kitchens with me! Happy cooking!

Click on the link to recieve email updates when I post new recipes!!!!