Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Chicken and Broccoli Divan

This is another comfort food thing for me. My mom used to make this a lot growing up and it just brings me back. (It's also a good way to get the kids to eat broccoli....).

2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces. ( I usually season the chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic salt )
3 c. broccoli
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 c. sour cream or mayo (taste preference)
curry powder to taste
grated colbyjack cheese
1 sleeve ritz crackers, crushed into crumbs
2 T butter, melted

Mix both cans cream of chicken soup with sour cream or mayo, and curry powder to taste. Add chicken and stir to coat. Place broccoli in a 9x13 casserole dish. Layer chicken mixture on top. Sprinkle with grated cheese. Mix melted butter with crushed Ritz crackers and sprinkle on top of cheese. Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted. (You can cook the chicken before mixing it with the cream of chicken soup and then just cook until everything is warmed through and cheese is melted.) Serve over rice. YUM. YUM.

No comments:

THE SEARCH IS ON!!!!!

Share with us all! If you have any recipes you would like me to post or try, email them to me: amber.lamb@yahoo.com . Thanks for sharing your kitchens with me! Happy cooking!

Click on the link to recieve email updates when I post new recipes!!!!