Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Chicken Dumpling Casserole

A while ago, I asked for people to email some family favorites to me so that I could try them. I am finally getting around to posting about a few of them. This casserole is from my friend Stacey T. Another comfort food casserole for ya. Kid and tummy pleasers for sure!! Thanks, Stace!!!



Chicken Dumpling Casserole


2 cans cream of chicken soup

2 c. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and chopped into bite size pieces

1/2 c. water

2 packages crescent rolls

2-3 c cheddar cheese, grated

Mix together soup and water. Pour enough to cover the bottom of a 9x13 pan ( save the rest ). Roll out rolls and fill each one with cooked chicken and some cheese. Roll up starting with the pointed end and place in pan right next to each other. Pour rest of soup on top and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, then uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes.


**Some changes to try, if you want:

I added 2 chopped green onions and an 8 oz package of cream cheese to the chicken before I rolled up the rolls. I also used milk instead of water to keep the soup creamy for the gravy.**

No comments:

THE SEARCH IS ON!!!!!

Share with us all! If you have any recipes you would like me to post or try, email them to me: amber.lamb@yahoo.com . Thanks for sharing your kitchens with me! Happy cooking!

Click on the link to recieve email updates when I post new recipes!!!!