Thursday, August 21, 2008

Chocolate Cake with a twist


I can't begin to describe the deliciousness of this cake.....I have dreams about it......sweet, sweet dreams.....aaaaaaahhhh chocolate, cream cheese, coconut - what more could you ask for? My friend Anna introduced me to this lovely treat (as she does with most things that I think are delicious) and I couldn't rest until I made it for myself.
1. Grease a 9x13 pan and then cover the bottom generously with coconut and chopped pecans OR walnuts. (I prefer pecans myself).
2. Make a chocolate cake according to the directions on the box. (I used a devil food's cake and it was divine....)
3. Poor the cake batter over the coconut and choppped nuts.
4. Make a cream cheese frosting with: 8 oz cream cheese, softened, 1/2 c butter, softened and 2 cups powdered sugar.
5. Drop big dollups of the frosting all over the cake batter.
6. Use a knife (or a toothpick) to cut the cream cheese frosting in to the cake batter without disturbing the bottom.
7. Bake at 350* for around 40 minutes or until the middle seems "set" and not jiggly. (mine took about 45 minutes before it was ready).
8. Cut a big slice, go somewhere you can be alone, and enjoy the decadence. mmmmmmmm!!!

1 comment:

swtelford said...

This was yummy too, I'm glad to have the recipe now! You are such an innovative cook!

THE SEARCH IS ON!!!!!

Share with us all! If you have any recipes you would like me to post or try, email them to me: amber.lamb@yahoo.com . Thanks for sharing your kitchens with me! Happy cooking!

Click on the link to recieve email updates when I post new recipes!!!!