I can't begin to describe the deliciousness of this cake.....I have dreams about it......sweet, sweet dreams.....aaaaaaahhhh chocolate, cream cheese, coconut - what more could you ask for? My friend Anna introduced me to this lovely treat (as she does with most things that I think are delicious) and I couldn't rest until I made it for myself.
1. Grease a 9x13 pan and then cover the bottom generously with coconut and chopped pecans OR walnuts. (I prefer pecans myself).
2. Make a chocolate cake according to the directions on the box. (I used a devil food's cake and it was divine....)
3. Poor the cake batter over the coconut and choppped nuts.
4. Make a cream cheese frosting with: 8 oz cream cheese, softened, 1/2 c butter, softened and 2 cups powdered sugar.
5. Drop big dollups of the frosting all over the cake batter.
6. Use a knife (or a toothpick) to cut the cream cheese frosting in to the cake batter without disturbing the bottom.
7. Bake at 350* for around 40 minutes or until the middle seems "set" and not jiggly. (mine took about 45 minutes before it was ready).
8. Cut a big slice, go somewhere you can be alone, and enjoy the decadence. mmmmmmmm!!!