Sunday, August 21, 2011

Coconut Cream Cake with Whipped Cream Frosting

This cake is SCRUMPTIOUS! So moist and coconutty..... I almost ate the whole thing myself!


(recipe adapted from allrecipes.com)

1 package white cake mix

1 t coconut extract
1 14 oz can cream of coconut - NOT COCONUT MILK!
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 package frozen whipped topping, thawed (I whipped my own cream and sweetened it with powdered sugar and vanilla extract).
1 (8 ounce) package flaked coconut


Prepare and bake white cake mix according to package directions adding in coconut extract before baking. Remove cake from oven. While still hot, using a utility fork, poke holes all over the top of the cake.
Mix cream of coconut and sweetened condensed milk together. Pour over the top of the still hot cake. Let cake cool completely then frost with the whipped topping and top with the flaked coconut. Keep cake refrigerated.

No comments:

THE SEARCH IS ON!!!!!

Share with us all! If you have any recipes you would like me to post or try, email them to me: amber.lamb@yahoo.com . Thanks for sharing your kitchens with me! Happy cooking!

Click on the link to recieve email updates when I post new recipes!!!!