Monday, September 21, 2009

Microwave Apple Crisp





The funny thing about this recipe is that it's one that I learned in my "home-ec" class in like 8th grade. (do they still call it "home-ec"?). It is a recipe that is so quick and easy that I pull it out all the time when I am in a pinch, or when I am just craving something sweet and I don't feel like pulling out all the pans and mixing bowls...you know those kind of days???
Microwave Apple Crisp
4 c. sliced, peeled apples (I use granny smith's and I don't always peel them - again depends on my mood).
2 T. lemon juice

Mix together in a 8x8 or 9x9 glass (or other microwave safe material) casserole dish. Microwave until apples are tender-crisp. (About 4 minutes). Set aside.

1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. uncooked old fashioned oats
1/4 c. all purpose flour
1/4 c. butter
1 t. salt
1/8 t. ground nutmeg

Mix together in a microwave safe bowl, and microwave until hot and bubbly (2-3 minutes), stirring after half the time. Be careful! Mixture will be hot!!! (I know from personal experience because I like to eat the crumb topping plain, and usually can't wait for it to cool before I pop a bite into my mouth!)
Sprinkle mixture over apples and let cool slightly. Top with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream and enjoy.


No comments:

THE SEARCH IS ON!!!!!

Share with us all! If you have any recipes you would like me to post or try, email them to me: amber.lamb@yahoo.com . Thanks for sharing your kitchens with me! Happy cooking!

Click on the link to recieve email updates when I post new recipes!!!!