Saturday, May 30, 2009

Oatmeal Fudge Bars

This was my favorite dessert that my mom makes. She does it perfectly, so I am trying to recreate the perfectness....



1 c. butter

2 c. brown sugar

2 eggs

2 t. vanilla

2 1/2 c flour

1 t. baking soda

1 1/2 c quick cooking oats

1/2 t. salt

1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk

1 12 oz pkg semi sweet chocolate chips

1/4 c. butter

2 t. vanilla

1c. chopped walnuts



Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 baking pan. Cream butter and sugar, then add eggs and vanilla. In a small bowl sift flour, baking soda, and salt; added to creamed mixture. Mix in oats. I a saucepan melt sweetened condensed milk, choc chips, and butter and heat just until melted. Stir in vanilla and nuts. Spread 2/3 of the oatmeal mix on the bottom of a 9x13 pan, cover with chocolate mixture and the drop the remaining 1/3 of oatmeal mix on top by spoonfuls. Bake for 35 minutes.

No comments:

THE SEARCH IS ON!!!!!

Share with us all! If you have any recipes you would like me to post or try, email them to me: amber.lamb@yahoo.com . Thanks for sharing your kitchens with me! Happy cooking!

Click on the link to recieve email updates when I post new recipes!!!!