Friday, July 25, 2008

California Grilled Chicken Wild Rice Salad


This is the perfect summer salad, fresh, full of veggies and satisfying! Try it and you'll see!!!! Serve it with some crusty french bread and fruit and you'll have a meal nobody can refuse!!



2 boxes white and wild rice cooked per box directions. ( I used rice a roni brand ).

3-4 grilled chicken breasts, sliced into bite size pieces ( I seasoned mine with salt, pepper, garlic salt, and olive oil, grilled it and then squeezed fresh lime juice over it ).

4 green onions, chopped

1 green bell pepper, diced ( the original recipe calls for a red pepper, but all i had was green :). I think that the red would give the salad a fun color though).

3 oz snow peas, chopped into bite size pieces

2 med avocados, diced

1 c. chopped almonds ( or pecans ), toasted.


Combine cooked rice, chicken, green onions, bell pepper, snow peas, cooled nuts and toss.

Add dressing and avocados right before serving and toss together. Can be eaten warm or cold.


Dressing:

2 cloves garlic

2 t. dijon mustard

1/4 t. salt

1/4 t. pepper

1/4 t. sugar

1/3 c. seasoned rice wine vinegar (i just used plain, because that is what I had on hand...)

1/3 c. olive oil


Mix all together in blender, adding oil in a slow stream last.

No comments:

THE SEARCH IS ON!!!!!

Share with us all! If you have any recipes you would like me to post or try, email them to me: amber.lamb@yahoo.com . Thanks for sharing your kitchens with me! Happy cooking!

Click on the link to recieve email updates when I post new recipes!!!!