Sunday, March 16, 2008

Grilled Italian-style Potato Salad

This is so yummy and so easy!!!!

2 lb. small red potatoes, halved
1/3 c. water
2 cloves garlic
1/4 c. kraft zesty italian dressing
1/4 c. real mayonnaise
4 slices bacon, cooked to a crisp and crumbled
4 green onions, thinly sliced

Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Place potatoes in 2 qt. microwaveable bowl. Add water; cover with lid. Microwave on high 8 min; drain. Add garlic and 2 T. of the dressing and toss to coat.
Spray large sheet of heavy-duty foil with cooking spray. Spoon potato mix onto center of foil. Bring up sides and make into a "packet" leaving room for heat circulation inside.
Grill 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender, turning packet over after 10 minutes. Mix may and remaining 2 T. of dressing in large bowl. Add potatoes, bacon, and onions and toss to coat. Serve warm.

***Those were the "book" instructions - These are my changes (which I like a lot better!)
First: I covered a sheet pan with olive oil, salted my potatoes and garlic and roasted them in a 420* oven for about 35 minutes. (I didn't microwave or put them on the grill). I mixed the other ingredients in a bowl and then tossed in the warm potatoes right out of the oven...yum!
Second: I doubled the "sauce" - so instead of 1/4 c. italian dressing and 1/4 c. mayo, I used 1/2 c. of each.

No comments:

THE SEARCH IS ON!!!!!

Share with us all! If you have any recipes you would like me to post or try, email them to me: amber.lamb@yahoo.com . Thanks for sharing your kitchens with me! Happy cooking!

Click on the link to recieve email updates when I post new recipes!!!!